How can I find the Login User acct image for editing?

cb50dc

Registered
During setup for my new MacBook Pro with 10.5.6, I had the opportunity to let iSight take a photo for my user account (NOT the background screen). I held up --get this-- a bobble-head doll that my wife had made for me. I need to edit the image, and I can't find any path to this image. Right then, within a few minutes after doing this, I did Spotlight searches for any jpg, jpeg, or png created that day. Nothing showed up.

If you're not sure which image I mean, see
http://www.somethinghappeninghere.com/images/loginpicture.png

I haven't found it through anything clearly related to User Accounts.

I've had an Apple Genius and a couple of other knowledgeable Apple employees tell me "Hm, that's apparently tucked way away somewhere." I've followed all the Library paths, both root and user, that seemed at all likely. Still nothing.

Anybody know the path to this image? Or what it's called, if it has a standard name back there somewhere?

Thanks,

Chuck B

Is it the one associated with your own "card" in Address Book? If so, you can delete it from there or change it, I think.

Hi, Mary,

I don't use Address Book (or iChat); thanks for suggesting it.

Meanwhile, it's been solved. A couple of other forums offered some Terminal tricks. Having done that and found that the image isn't as god as I'd like, I'll simply shoot another pic with my camera, edit as needed, and drop it in /Library/User Pictures/Mine.

Thanks for taking time to make the suggestion.

cb

Back