How do I install old Pagemill on Mac OS 10.5

desktopdad

Registered
Why? Because it was an old favorite of mine in the Windows world I'm back to Mac and I've found an old Pagemill 2.0 (Mac) I want to use again.
Thanks,
Desktopdad

Pagemill had to be OS9 only - so unless you've got an older mac that can run in classic mode - you are out of luck. Pagemill is also way out of date by now - and you'd be better off looking to a newer compatible app that's updated for today's interwebs.

LOL!

That was some good reading there! ;)

Memories.....

- 68040 or Power Macintosh with 6 MB or RAM available to Adobe PageMill

wow.

- QuickTime 2.1

Chances are - that's your deal-killer right there anyway.

What are the "System Requirements" for Pagemill 2.0 and what Mac to you have?
Using an iMac OS 10.5... when I try to install Pagemill 2.0 from a floppy I get the message: classic environment is no longer supported ... I've heard that maybe Rosetta could do it? I'm just getting back into the Mac world.

You are not going to be able to install that on any machine that can't run Classic to begin with. 10.5 definitely doesn't support Classic. Depending on the iMac, it might. But still...chances are a lot of things have changed in the 10 years or so since Pagemill was last updated. Not to mention the whole thing about HTML standards changing, which Pagemill is not going to support.

Rosetta is for running non-Intel-native apps - not for running Classic apps.

Back