How many of you have seen that Office v.X TV ads?

I have not seen it on TV yet. I hope I dont. I just get mad, my face turns red, and I start screaming to the heavens.

It looks like they're trying to copy Apple's ads a bit, with the old music & stuff. Still, it's not a bad commercial at all. At least there aren't flying Mac users :D

When I do see those kind of ads that make me mad, I just look at these M$ ads, and laugh my ass off. I hope this does not offend anyone :) ::://[

Attachments

• windersforhillbillies.jpg
    windersforhillbillies.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 109
OOPS!

Look what Microsoft "forgot" to uncomment before making that page go live!

Edit: See Attachment in next post

QuickTime on a Microsoft Site? Bill would have a heart attack!

I think it's a little too long to be a TV ad. It'd cost way too much to play more than once on TV. Has anyone actually seen it *on* TV? It may just be a web promo thing.

Sorry, but that ad just pisses me off.

I really hate it when you have a scene that has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE DARNED SOFTWARE. Tell me, what does a bunch of people painting an Apple logo and having "fun" have to do anything with the software, besides the fact that they're giving it to each other? It just doesn't.

Apple, while it might pick the song that Microsoft did in that ad, usually either has 1) a white background with the ad ONLY showcasing the actual product, or 2) has something to do with the software. The iPhoto "Baby Jack" ad had to do with iPhoto because he was taking pictures of the newborn (personally, though, I wouldn't pick something like that). The iDVD "Elope" ad had to do with iDVD because they filmed their marriage and burned it on DVD and sent it to their parents (although I wouldn't personally pick this topic either). And at least they're clever, like the iMac flat-panel "Window" ad... at least they're showcasing one aspect of the product.

Seriously, if you try to sell your product based on the packaging of the software and the "fact" that Apple & Microsoft are goody-goody with each other, then that's a bad ad. Do you ever see Apple's ads do something like that? No. Well, the 1984 ad might be an exception – personally, I don't really rave about that ad. The most modern ads always have to do with the software or the hardware that Apple sells, not their image (of course, Apple acquires its image based on its cult following).

Just my little rant about ads. :p

Well

FIRST off... You'll never see it on broadcast tv.. its too long.. it'd have to be a :30 or a :60... right now.. its 1:40... so it doesn't fit into ANY standard commerical space on the air.

Second, i HATE M$.

Back