how to connect SONY digital camcorder DCR-DVD803E to my 12"Powerbook

Nando

Registered
Dear Sir/Mam, it's been a joyful moment to me that I could find this site. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia, used to be studying in Vancouver, was there for 4 years and prior that I did my high school in New Zealand, Christchurch.
Im 26 years old now, I currently work in a company that works as fabricator for heat exchangers, air cooled heat exchangers, etc, basically fabricator and engineering services for oil and gas industries.

previously I was using regular Window based computer and notebook, but lately viruses are getting worse, so for the pass few years I have actually changed notebooks for 3 times. then I went to this apple store and I fell in love with the iBook G4 12". whaen I told everybody that I want to switch to mac based notebook, they all against me and told me all these bad things, incompability that will occur if I use Mac. These things challanged me even more to switch to mac and proof them wrong.

After I used it for several weeks I found that iBook is a little slow and the pretty outside part is just to addorable for me to carry it to our workshops, and I have to wiped it every single day. and yes I proof everybody was wrong, iBook is very compatible with office network.
suddenly one day it just went dead. for no reason, never been dropped or anything, so I just went to buy another iBook and put my 1st iBook at the Apple store, actually my intention was to buy powerbook 12" but out of stock.
so I have 2 iBook now, 1 week after this incident happened the store called me and told me the 12" Powerbook in available, so I trade in my dead iBook (fixed already) and get myself a Powerbook with dvd RW and everything.

Now Im beeing challanged again by my collegue, since last month Im trying to change the whole office computer and collegues notebook with Apple product, but have not yet succeded yet. Now they are challanging me to show them how to burn directly from a SONY Digital camcorder DCR-DVD803E to my Powerbook G4 12" CD/DVD-RW.at first I thought it was gonna be easy! coz I did imported many things from other devices previously to my mac, but this one just doesn't work!!!! it only have USB connection but I was told by Apple store that it has to use Firewire. I am in a need, so bad, to proof to everybody that MAC product is not a complicated product, in the contrary it is helpful solutions to my work and everybody should start using it..

Please help me with suggestions or anything that could solve my problem..
God Bless you for making this site and even more blessing if you could help me out here...
Hope to hear from you soon. thanks

Back