How to convert .bin movie to .mpg in OSX

patrean

Registered
This isn't a question but the answer.

Until now the only way to do this was on a PC but now with the launch of CrossOver it is possible. Once CrossOver is installed you can then install ISObuster for PC, extract the mpg data as a file and burn to DVD. BTW you will need an Intel Mac to run CrossOver.

Hm. I think there are ways without the need for ISObuster/Crossover. This is just about bin/cue disk images of VCDs/SVCDs, right? Means mounting the images using Toast or similar software would allow you to get the MPEG files off the image easily, no?

Its not the burn process I was trying to solve it was the conversion process from .bin which will not play in FronRow, and .avi's which will.

And you would have thought Toast could open .bin files, but every one I have tried I get an unsupported file error. Oddly enough Toast can save as a .bin which open fine.

Ah...If I double click the .cue file toast mounts the .bin, I was dragging the .bin file onto Toast. So... I could burn a kvcd disc...I know nothing of these...do they play on a standard DVD player?

Saving out as a Disc Image from the mounter .bin didn't help either as the movie data is saved as a .dat file...I wonder can this be converted to an .mpg file without the help of Crossfire?

VLC can play bins (at least those that house standard video formats). It should also be able to convert them. I imagine ffmpegX or iSquint would be able to handle the .dat, as well.

When you have bin/cue files, you can use Toast, as you found, or the free FireStarter FX to burn them.

Back