How to Detect the Problem?

asheyli

Registered
12760553474.jpg

This is my DXG-569V camcorder. It can capture 1280 x 720 video at 30 fps and shoot 5-megapixel.It can output in both 4:3 and 16:9 aspects. Video is recorded in H.264, .MOV format, .M2TS format…
My Mac is iMac with Mac OS X version 10.4.11

Here is my problem:
When I convert my camcorder video in my Mac with Handbrake, I get the beach ball of death. Sometimes it won’t get past the apple loading screen. When it does, it freezes on the desktop.

Something wrong with my Mac or handbrake? How to detect? If it is Handbrake, please name something alternative I can use.

Last edited:
Your problem sounds like it's unrelated to Handbrake. Converting a movie file will typically not affect your Mac's ability to boot properly.

...unless you're exceeding the amount of disk space available on your boot drive, perhaps. How much free space is on your hard drive -- and how large is the movie file you're trying to convert?

Your problem sounds like it's unrelated to Handbrake. Converting a movie file will typically not affect your Mac's ability to boot properly.

...unless you're exceeding the amount of disk space available on your boot drive, perhaps. How much free space is on your hard drive -- and how large is the movie file you're trying to convert?

I want to convert my camcoder M2TS videos to my iPad. It seems that handbrake can not do it. My iMac also have 15GB free space. Which converter do you use?

Okay, just want to try and clarify something here. Are you connecting this device BEFORE you start your computer, or are you talking about the computer being running already and you connecting it, then the problems start?

Back