How to install LyX Mac

Durbrow

Registered
Okay: I did the following:

I downloaded the latest version of LyX for the Mac.
2. I downloaded i-installer.
3. I used i-installer to download
a. TeX
b. Ghostscript
c. Freetype2
d. ImageMagick
e. CM Super Packages

4. I then tried to get the i-installer to install the above packages starting with TeX by using the i-installer configuration script. I get this error message: ### tex.configure: No (complete) TeX Programs found. Configuration cannot proceed.
### tex.configure: Configuration will be possible when both TeX Programs and TeX Foundation are available.
### tex.configure: Note, this is not an error. Just install TeX Programs now.
### tex.configure: Bailing out gracefully...

Can anyone help me?

Durbrow said:
Okay: I did the following:

I downloaded the latest version of LyX for the Mac.
2. I downloaded i-installer.
3. I used i-installer to download
a. TeX
b. Ghostscript
c. Freetype2
d. ImageMagick
e. CM Super Packages

4. I then tried to get the i-installer to install the above packages starting with TeX by using the i-installer configuration script. I get this error message: ### tex.configure: No (complete) TeX Programs found. Configuration cannot proceed.
### tex.configure: Configuration will be possible when both TeX Programs and TeX Foundation are available.
### tex.configure: Note, this is not an error. Just install TeX Programs now.
### tex.configure: Bailing out gracefully...

Can anyone help me?

I just downloaded the files needed and then went to the i-installer menu and clicked 'Open' and followed the dialogue to install TeX. It was ages ago, I remember that but everything went pretty smoothly, although there was one dialogue which one had to dimiss even though it said that there was something not quite right.

Maybe you should redownload the files just in case something became corrupted on the way in.

Also, maybe you could try asking via <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>. They are a pretty helpful bunch. They're listed along with a lot of other resources on the LyX homepage.

Good Luck.

You can take a look at the instructions on the TeXShop page, they give some details about installing Tex through the i-Installer and also provide some further links. Good luck!

P.S. I installed TeTeX through Fink. Works perfectly.

Back