HOw To make Bluetooth CF card to work on OSX

chinck

Registered
Any one know how to get a Bluetooth CF card to work on OSX, I got a NOKIA connective pack that come with the CF card only with windows driver.

Thanks Gumse, will write to Ross and see if he can help. I just need to have the Nokia bluetooth CF card to work on my PB, so that I can keep it the PCMCIA slot and don't have to put a USB buletooth adapte sticking out all the time.

if you want a real nice solution: skip the CF-card and buy a Bluetooth USB Adapter. Take the adapter apart. You then have a little device that fits nicely between the memory strips and the edge of the 'key-board hole'. You'll have to solder a wire from this device to the USB-port.
Voila.

Wow Thanks Arri, Why didn't I thank of that, but with this connection will I be able to use the USB port that I solder the BT on it?

well, o this port could support more than device, but i think you'll have to also build in a hub (or something).
Actually i don't know, maybe you can just connect devices parallel... Anyone?

Originally posted by chinck
Thanks Gumse, will write to Ross and see if he can help. I just need to have the Nokia bluetooth CF card to work on my PB, so that I can keep it the PCMCIA slot and don't have to put a USB buletooth adapte sticking out all the time.

So what PCMCIA card do you have again? I've noticed a few out there. Do they work? Were you able to get yours to work?

Back