How to sync iPhone ringtone on Mac

Skying20

Registered
I've got an iPhone for only a few months, and I have no problem making custom ringtones, but sometimes, when i sync them to my iPhone, here comes the problem.

I searched the forum, Googled this and found that a lot of user have the similar problems but no sound solutions. It took me a long time to finally get this problem fixed. I learned that iPhone Ringtones have a lot of limitations.

Below are some solutions that can help you out, especially for Mac users.

1, Make sure that:
Ringtones play in iTunes and are .m4r format.
They do show up under sounds
They show up under the ringtones tab
They are in the ringtone section of iTunes under library

2, If the ringtone is in iTunes and not appearing on your iPhone after a successful sync, make sure that none of the song fields (song name, artist, composer, etc) have special characters (like quotes, for example iPhone-Ringtone the"-" will cause the problem).

3, The Length of your ringtone. Although they show up in the ringtones on your iPhone in iTunes after successfully syncing to your iPhone, they will not appear in the custom ringtones section on your iPhone if they are longer than 30 seconds.

If the above 3 solutions don't work for you, more is available at: How to sync iPhone ringtone maker for mac

Last edited:
Hi

I too struggled with ringtones originally but eventually used garageband and exported them to iTunes. My ringtones have funny chars in album name (brackets) and are longer than 30 sec. See attached.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-23 at 8.15.44 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-23 at 8.15.44 AM.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 1
Back