I found an Easter Egg in 10.2!

I've had the same thing happen to me when I first tried out InternetSharing after I installed Jaguar on my iMac DV SE!

My Control Panel also lagged for a couple of minutes when I switched to the sharing panel, and it showed me the exact same message as posted below!

:confused:

I tried using the same IP for the networking and NOTHIGN came out... where did my egg go? The Easter bunny ran away to join Playboy... duhz.. :(

In Interface Builder when developers make their programs, they'll put random stuff in text boxes to see if it looks right. When the actual compiled program runs, that text is replaced at go time with whatever info really belongs there. The catcher though, is that when no info is available to be put there, the initial message remains. So somewhere, a lag in networking stuff revealed that text. In this case it happens because the control panel can't connect to the service it's supposed to be able to. It sometimes happens on single user machines with no net connection and on machines where a firewall higher up the network was blocking the info from getting through.

WOw, I would really like to thank a few certain people who have found it necessary to be complete assholes to me and pick apart my quote of all things and also yell at me for not blotching out an IP address you could never access on the internet in the first place when it realtes not even in the least bit to the topic on hand here. GET A LIFE.
That is the IP my iBook has on my internal home network. Have fun trying to access it from the web. Really. Even if it was my real IP address, I'm on dial-up and it has changed many times by now. Now BACK ON TOPIC....

Yes, it only occurs when I open the Sharing pane and System Preferences is lagging out, it appears for a couple seconds. Try running a ton of stuff on your computer to bog it down and then opening System Prefs and going to the Sharing Pane? Best tried on a similarly slow machine like my iBook since it's more likely to lag out. It being a remnant from Interface Builder seems to be the most logical explanation I've seen yet.

Originally posted by kommakazi
WOw, I would really like to thank a few certain people who have found it necessary to be complete assholes to me and pick apart my quote of all things and also yell at me for not blotching out an IP address you could never access on the internet in the first place when it realtes not even in the least bit to the topic on hand here. GET A LIFE.
That is the IP my iBook has on my internal home network. Have fun trying to access it from the web. Really. Even if it was my real IP address, I'm on dial-up and it has changed many times by now. Now BACK ON TOPIC....

Thats quite true. I've not been around in here for a long time now, and I'm kinda shocked to c what happened to this forum :-(

BTW, do you know that movie "The demented cartoon movie", or where is your screenname from? :)

How about a quaterpounder with cheese and milk shake? You think that would be unhealthy? I sometimes think that eating a burger while using an iBook might be dangerous!

(going off topic for a moment as sideline humour).

I was more referring to chemistry_geek yelling at me about an IP address he could never accress over the internet. Whatever.
I've never heard of 'That demented cartoon movie' before, I just kinda derived it from the, I believe but don't quote me on this, Japanese word kamikazee, just spelled it a bit different.

I've had the same kind of thing happen to me on Internet Explorer 4 on Windows 98.

I don't know what caused it, but all the elements in the Preferences dialogue were random stuff like "Tim, we've gotta add some random proxie crap here" and "Tim, I think we should take this shit out of here"

It was hilarious.

Originally posted by plastic
How about a quaterpounder with cheese and milk shake? You think that would be unhealthy? I sometimes think that eating a burger while using an iBook might be dangerous!

(going off topic for a moment as sideline humour).

Hehe, well, as I am a McDonald's employee, I can tell you EXACTLY how dangerous the Quarter Pounders are, and how dangerous the thick shakes are :p

Did you know a small McDonald's thick shake has the same amount of fat as a cheeseburger?

This is definitely from Interface Builder... and you can prove it if you have the Developer Tools installed. Here's how:

Go to /System/Library/PreferencePanes/

Control-click (or right-click) on "SharingPref.prefpane" and select "Show package contents". From there, dig down through "Contents/Resources/English.lproj" and open up SharingPref.nib in Interface Builder. Here you will be able to find the text in question... and much more.

Back