I messed up Kicker...need help please!

Vard

Looking for progress
Hey everyone...

I have been messing around with KDE in X11 and have found it quite cool. I actually use the Koffice suite more and more.

Yesterday I was messing around with the themes and other stuff in the Control Panel and I think I messed something up. I can still launch whatever I want from the command line, but not from the Kicker bar. I keep getting the following error:

KLauncher could not be reached via DCOP.

..and that's all I get. I have a feeling it has to do with Kicker itself for this reason. Previously, when I would launch Kicker from the Command Line I would watch a pile of stuff go by in the window (can you tell I hardly know what I am talking about), and it would take about 5 seconds to load. Now, it takes about 2 seconds and only 3 lines go by. Actually it's only one line, just listed 3 times:

kicker: KMiniPager: Call to KWinInterface::setDesktopLayout(int, int, int) failed

Anyone got any ideas on what happened and how to fix it. If you feel like helping me out, can you describe how I might have screwed this up so I know what I did and how to avoid doing it again.

Thanks for any help...

Eddie

Back