I need a few voices

ksv

web developer
Yea, literally.
I need a few people to do translation and voice-over in different languages for a documentary parody about Trondheim, the city I live in. I'm trying to replicate UNESCOs DVD publications about different old civilisations and heritage around the world, but making the parody even more boring. It seems like UNESCO drowns in their own neutralism :p

I've (hopefully) got candidates for doing the English and Greek voice-overs already, but having alternatives is not a bad thing. It's 100% voluntary, but you will of course get credit. You don't need any professional equipment, but there can't be any background noise. Anyone here natively speaking a language other than English?

Originally posted by ksv
Anyone here natively speaking a foreign language?

Is that possible? ;) Well, I spose it is, but it just sounded odd and I had to comment anyway!

My German accent isn't the best but if you need someone I could work on it. It wouldn't be too hard if I had a script to read from.

Originally posted by Ugg
Is that possible? ;) Well, I spose it is, but it just sounded odd and I had to comment anyway!

Oops! :D Corrected.

Originally posted by Ugg
My German accent isn't the best but if you need someone I could work on it. It wouldn't be too hard if I had a script to read from.

It's better than mine, anyway, so I'd really appreciate if you're willing to do it.
You'd be given a script in English to translate to German and read when you're recording.

I'd be willing to do English if you want more then one person, or prefer my voice over someone else's

:D :)

I can do a great Spanish accent, which helped a bit for 3 years of high school Spanish (as in it sounds Hispanic, not like American Spanish). If you can get a translation, I could read it.

Or, I could go out in this great big state of mine and find about 3 billion Spanish speakers, if you want someone who could translate.

What format do you need? MP3, AIFF, WAV? Over the computer or via CD, or tape? ¡Detalles, detalles!

Originally posted by arden
I can do a great Spanish accent, which helped a bit for 3 years of high school Spanish (as in it sounds Hispanic, not like American Spanish). If you can get a translation, I could read it.

Or, I could go out in this great big state of mine and find about 3 billion Spanish speakers, if you want someone who could translate.

What format do you need? MP3, AIFF, WAV? Over the computer or via CD, or tape? ¡Detalles, detalles!

That would be awesome :)
Yea, I need someone to do the translation as well. I know about as much Spanish as Klingon.

Preferably 48 kHz 16 bit AIFF, if possible. SIT compress it and upload to my server, or send on a data CD (not audio CD, they're 44.1 kHz). It's going to be around 7 minutes of voice or less, that's a ~80 MB upload. I'll cover the shipping expenses if needed ;)

If you can all just contact me on kjetil@urbanturban.no so I can have your email addresses and names, I'll contact you when I've got the script done. I'm shooting and editing the film currently.

Back