I think Apple are ripping me off here

voice-

Registered
Two days ago I picked up my new iPod 15GB. It's great, no flaws found yet, I'm very happy with this.
BUT I also ordered and paid for a headphone splitter and a USB 2.0 cable, there are nowhere to be found. Apples tracking feature lost track of the entire order on August 4th, according to that I've recieved nothing yet.

What shoudl I do about my lacking cables? I feel ripped off in that they charged me for it...

Tell them what happened, and hopefully they'll replace them. If you don't get a replacement, you can always take it to court... :)

If you have the receipt, you're fine. If not, you'll need some kind of verification of the order. Contact them. Oh, and Apple is, not are. :)

I really hope that you have something, anything, that proves your order/payment scenario... Otherwise: Oooops! :rolleyes:

Wish you the best out of this mess! ;)

iTunes music store ripped me off once. I went to buy something and there was an error downloading the files but they still charged me. I know it's not a problem on my end, I forget the language of the message but it was indeed a problem on the server, and when I went to buy my songs again it worked just fine. One little glitch in that moment. But fortunately the songs I bought were worth the $2 each. :) One small annoyance out of all the wonderful things it has already done for me.

In your case I can only advise that you push the issue and find some resolve rather than let it sit. Act fast otherwise they'll think you don't care and you lose money.

Originally posted by Randman
Oh, and Apple is, not are. :)
I was wondering about that. I refer to Apple in plural as several people. I'd say "They ripped me off" instead of "It ripped me off", therefor I decided to use "are" instead of "is"

Who should I call? The carriers or Apple?

Carrier first, I'm assuming that the product had left Apple when it disappeared, so technically I don't think it is Apple's problem...

Apple is a corporation, and corporations are legal entities that act as individuals. You might refer to them as "they" because there are many people that make up Apple, but Apple is one corporation, and therefore used in the singular.

I'd say Apple should put a system into place that only billed you after you completed downloading your song, but that would entice people to cancel the download at 99%. Maybe if they made it inactive until it downloaded some sort of key that would make the song listenable and bill your account at the same time, and only downloaded at the end of the song...

I had the song problem once, I just went to Advanced - Check for Purchased Music and it found the song and downloaded it.

It should still be there.

----

Call Apple, they are the shippers and will help with the problem. Even if the carrier did lose it, Apple will have to contact them to verify the contents of the package anyway.

Always start at the begining whit problems like this. Every thing will work out and you should get what you paid for.

Originally posted by arden
Apple is a corporation, and corporations are legal entities that act as individuals. You might refer to them as "they" because there are many people that make up Apple, but Apple is one corporation, and therefore used in the singular.

Unless of course, you are British or speak "true" English then you would not consider a corporation to be singular rather plural. Most businesses, incorporated or not are referred to as such.

I think Apple is great in dealing with issues like yours but you do need to proved that you paid for it. It seems odd that it wasn't all shipped in the same package.... Hmmm, do you have the packing slip and receipt?

I'd rather not get into a debate on singular vs. plural here. Corporations are legal bodies with charters that declare them to have the powers of an individual, like the right to make money and to sue another. Apple is a single corporation, and you refer to it as such. It's easier to refer to Apple as "them" because many people make it up (I often do so myself), but to be correct you refer to businesses like Apple in the singular.

It's good to see that Apple accounted for problems like interrupted downloads. They—excuse me, it—is a true innovator. (See, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.)

Originally posted by Ugg
I think Apple is great in dealing with issues like yours but you do need to proved that you paid for it. It seems odd that it wasn't all shipped in the same package.... Hmmm, do you have the packing slip and receipt?
I have the box it came in, and it states that the content is only a 15GB iPod. I have the copy of the paper I had to sign to get the iPod from the carriers, it sais nothing about the content.
I also have confirmation email of order and that tracking service of Apple's still shows the entire order (only, according to that page nothing's been delivered yet)

I'll first stop by the carriers and see if there was an extra box which they forgot to give me, then I'll call Apple and pray someone over there speaks a language I know...hope to have this corrected, I will not pay for stuff I don't get.

Apparently, you know English... that should help, since Apple's an American company.

Yeha, but it seems the AppleSupport people speak Arab or Swedish...

Anywho, it was the carrier's problem, they only gave me one of 2 boxes...I now have both, and Apple were never even close to guilty :)

Sorry for wrongfully accusing you, Apple

Originally posted by voice-
Yeha, but it seems the AppleSupport people speak Arab or Swedish...

Ack, I always delay conversations with Apple as long as I can. They're difficult to contact, but pretty fast when that part is done. It always takes sooo long getting to speak to one, and it's so annoying getting to speak with some Danish agent when I've waited more for to speak with a Norwegian speaking one. And they're always slow, it often takes five minutes or more for them to write down my answers to the questions they ask. Rant rant :p

Back