I want a new ATA Controller...

alexachucarro

I'm 1/4 Basque you know?...
I want to install two new Hard Drives into my G4. So my setup will be:

60GB - OS X
10GB - OS 9
120GB - Scratch Disc

I currently have the 60GB and I don't want ANY partitions so I'm getting 10GB IBM very soon (by the way if you're buying an IBM Deskstar HD DO NOT buy the models constructed in Hungary. Very poor performance - trust me), but there's only one spare ATA interface cable and I want separate controller anyway.

What good 100/133 ATA PCI controllers are there. DO they have to be OS X compatible. Any with extra ports for the outside? Any suggetsions very welcomed.

Will plugging in my IBM Deskstar 60GB (preinstalled) get faster if I plug it into an ATA 100/133 controller compared to existing 66?

Thanks

The card I got is a Ultra ATA 133/100 RAID (Model CDN2491) by SIIG. It has RAID 0 support and it does support 9 and X. I put it into my dual and it fired up with no problems. The only funny thing is that (I don't know yet but maybe someone else will) when I went to the profiler it recognizes both of drives from the card as a scsi but go figure.

On the ATA from Apple I have the 80Gig, and the card I have 4 Gigs and the other 80 gigs. And I still have room for two more from the card and another from the Apple if I like.

I have it for about 2 months and not problems yet.

;)

Back