iChat 2.1 Beta

I chatted with myself.....2 webcams and a mac and a pc....the AIM client for windows is still extremely buggy in my opinion...but when it works, it does work just fine. :)

That's because it costs $29.95 for Jaguar users. And Panther users got it for free when they upgraded.

ooo, nice Avatar, reminds me of my childhood looking forward to the Peanuts holiday specials. :) memories

That's a good question does anyone know if you can just do audio chat with a win user?

Viktor

iMan said:
That's a good question does anyone know if you can just do audio chat with a win user?

Viktor
I don't think so. My friend and I tried it and it didn't work. But maybe just because it's a beta? and this will be in the 2.1 final version? (hopes)

Hehe. Do any of us know any windows users so that we could TRY to use the ichat with them ..?

when you are not looking for them, they are all around. Once you need them, it's impossible to find even one... :) ;)
I read about some issues on routing-network system. Anyone who can confirm that?

Just tried between my PC and Mac. No camera on the PC, but audio works. One problem, it times out if no data sent it 10 seconds.

bobw, how did you get the audio only to work. I tried it with a friend on a pc without a webcam and he didn't even get a pop-up to start the video/audio chat

Viktor

Everything worked fine over here as well. Found a fellow from the darkside.
Anyway, seems the direction of the requests for either videochat or audio chat is somehow important. I wasn't able to get any video+sound connection when I sent the request (got a note that something might be wrong with the firewall settings; no firewall activated here and on the pc). When the aol messanger from the pc did so, it worked.. Weird, huh?

So can you do one-way video chats with people? That would be cool if one of you don't have a cam, since iChat already can do this with other iChatters.

I tried chatting with myself between my mac and my pc, using an isight and a logitech quickcam orbit. Works very well on the mac side, because you can make the video window bigger. On the pc, the window is really small, and it is not that great of an experience. IS there a way to make it bigger?

Back