iChatAV

PowerPC

Registered
Hello!

I am wondering if iChatAV is going to work with any WebCam out there?
Or maybe do I need iSight? Eventually do I need a special WebCam for Macintosh or I can simply plug any cam into the USB port and the system will detect it and add a driver? I've been working with Macs for more than six years but I've never used a webcam.

Go, Tiger!

PPC

PPC

From my experience and if you go for a logitech usb webcam only 3 or 4 models are OSX compatible.

I used to have one I had to get rid of their soft and used this plugin http://www.ecamm.com/mac/ichatusbcam/ instead.THE WILL TELL YOU WHICH BRAND MODEL IS COMPATIBLE.

If i had to start from scratch I'd go to iSight straight ahead.

Hope you find the solution that fits your needs.

Well, his question seems aimed at the _new_ iChat AV in Tiger, so it's the right forum. I'd say Apple hasn't started to support USB webcams suddenly (so iChatUSB is still your friend) with the update. But I might be wrong.

i am very new to the webcam thing too, and i figured i would go straight to the isight for better quality and less troubles and eventually getting the isight anyways. i have only had it about a week so far, but i am so glad i dropped the extra cash and got it. i love it.

Thanks Fryke

Rite you are just meant to mention it just in case, you never know .....

Back