ie & firefox crashing out but connection is fine!

macbananas

Registered
Okay, so I'm guessing this is user error, but somehow my leopard based power book g4 (another one!) is hooked up to the router fine and whizzes around the net until it hits a page that requires a sign in (yahoo, you tube, ebay etc) then it hangs and eventually crashes, safari tells me it 'may' be the flashplayer?? I've trawled the prefs for something obvious to no avail. I'm sure its something simple, please help...

Both Firefox and Safari are crashing when they reach a site that requires login?

Are they both fully patched (updated)? Do you have Java, Jave Scripts, or Cookies disabled? Are you using a proxy or VPN (I have problems with logins when I use Hotspot Shield)? Do they produce a crash log that you could post?

Try make a new test user on the machine and check if it happens as that user?

Try "reset Safari" under the Safari menu to go back to defaults?

If both browsers are crashing at same point it does indicate a shared item or underlying software as mentioned by Carolina above.

Check software update for any security/java updates etc?

Okay, have tried reseting safari, same prob, new user with admin rights, same prob. Software update gave me a java & a security update, thought we were golden, but same prob. Not sure how to enable/disable java scipts, but have tried with and without cookies, still no joy. working on a way to get a crash report (without keying it in manually) onto the mac Im using at the mo...

Back