IF ANYONE'S ONLINE... easy for you to answer?

gbsothere

Registered
You guys are smart, can you please tell me this?

I bought a computer that only has OS X and Classic isn't on it. For my own strange reasons, I would like to add Classic. I have the disk for it, but I'm afraid that if I try to install it, it will completely replace OS X, instead of just
becoming a secondary operating system.

Can you tell me if this is true?

Thanks!

You can install OS9.2.2 without affecting OSX. In fact I simply dragged and dropped an OS9 System Folder from another Mac into my G4 tower and it worked as Classic! (Not recommended but I had my reasons - related to a Sonnet CPU upgrade).

Thanks, SatCure, that's a relief! I was about to try it last night and I knew I hadn't backed up everything I needed and, to be honest, I just chickened out. (Weird thing, I tried to burn things onto a CD and my computer won't actually burn the CD, it just keeps changing its icon into a folder with a round "hazard" logo on the front and locking it.) But that's another issue. HA! I don't have an external drive, so I think I'll go buy a flashdrive and save what I can and just go for it. :eek:)

Sorry, I don't understand "computer splz" or "(ppc) u". Are you typing in mobile phone "txt-spk"? I'm not familiar with it and I'm sure I'm not alone.

hi,
very easy (1) apple release a dvd mac os x 9.2.2 with macmini and imac (power pc) this dvd for install mac os 9.2.2 on that computer running with tiger or leapored oki (2) arrange this dvd its come with imac and macmini box from apple and simple found a installer after complete the installation u will find mac os x classic on urs mac its installation same like u install a application on a mac oki enjooyyy
any question mail
me
im_imran525@hotmail.com
english is not my language i m just trying solve urs issue thats solve for myself

Back