I'm a fool can you help

digital_smurf

Registered
Hi, like a fool i deleted everything in my keychain (don't ask), anyway ever since, msn and yahoo messenger will not log on, it says there is a problem with the servers. There is no problem with the servers because i can log on from elsewhere, i've deleted and reinstalled both but still they won't work.. can anyone help please?

Mmm, have you tried deleting the preference files for those apps? Located in ~/Library/Preferences or /Library/Preferences
Maybe it's some keychain issue though? Check through Keychain Help to see if you can solve your problem through that.

There is supposed to be a yahoo or microsoft file in there for the preferences, but there isn't... cheers.
You dont know where to get these from do you??

Another idea: You're trying to log on to msn and to Yahoo Messenger, right?

My suggestion: Reinstall both those apps.

Doug

Sounds weird - you could try making a new account and seing if you still have the problem there. If it works ok you could migrate your data to the new account and delete the original. Or tinker around to delete all the keychain preferences and plists

Or - Try using Adium - if it solves the problem you may fall in love with it also.

http://adiumx.com

Back