iMac G4 - Monitor has gone Pink

ex0dus

Registered
iMac G4 1.25ghz-OS10.44.
Everything still works okay except the monitor has got a pink hue all over. I have run the hardware test CD and everything has passed but something is obviously wrong, what can it be?

Check in the Displays section and see if maybe the screen needs to be recalibrated. You might also want to check in the Universal Access pane in System Preferences and make sure that nothing has been enabled there.

I've seen this problem with laptops before. I'm not sure how it is on the iMac G4, but on PC laptops there is a cable that goes through to the lcd screen. If one of the connections comes loose or breaks, it can cause one or more of the colors to drop out.

This hasn't got anything to do with the problem (all I can think is to go to sytem preferences and mess around with the settings in the display section), but it does have to do with screen colors. On OS X command-alt-ctrl-8 is pretty trippy! (It reverses black and white points.)

deliciousMammal said:
This hasn't got anything to do with the problem (all I can think is to go to sytem preferences and mess around with the settings in the display section), but it does have to do with screen colors. On OS X command-alt-ctrl-8 is pretty trippy! (It reverses black and white points.)

Yeah, that's the keyboard shortcut for the color inversion in Universal Access in System Preferences.

Back