In need of good quality LCD monitors

jverschu

Registered
Hello MacOSX.com support member,

Just had a network setup with 6 computers in an office but the HANSS-G 19" LCD monitors that were installed are giving my staff and myself headaches. Adjusting the brightness and color and whatever setting we can find does not make the graininess go away. The letters on the screen are just not crisp and sharp. For me to go shop for a better monitor is a time eating thing so can you steer me at least in the right direction for good quality monitors. NOT widescreen, 19" or thereabouts. ONE of the monitors can be REALLY high end for the front office as the girl will have to look at that specific monitor the entire day.

Thank you beforehand
Jan

We have quite good expiriences with the SAMSUNG 940B TFT. Before the whole shebang here turned DELL, those were our monitors of choice. They are adjustable in height etc, and are pleasing for the eye even over longer periods of work.

It's been a while since we bought them, as like I mentioned, we turned Dell for the most part. So I'm not sure if they are still produced, but I would check them out

Apple monitors are very good, but they're very expensive, thats why I would recommend HP. I looked at hp.com and found a good one:
HP L1950 19-inch LCD Monitor.
They cost $289 and aren't widescreen. It also says that they're a new series, have VGA and DVI connections and go up to 1280 x 1024 at 60 to 75 Hz.
I already worked with HP monitors and must say they're very good. They all have Active-Matrix TFT displays and don't require much electricity. I would give it a thought though Samsung monitors, as Damrod said, are also very good.

Back