Install 9.03 on a Japanese iMac G3 with 8.5

KCM

Registered
#1 Yesterday, 07:18 PM
KCM
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2009

Install 9.03 on a Japanese iMac G3 with 8.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I'm new here.
I bought an old iMac G3 at a recycle shop in Japan just because I like the design.
I'm new to apple but I would like to make it work with an English OS that I found, and also to get to understand Apple.
9.0.3 (on disk, for DV Models).
Erased the Japanese OS (8.5)and when click install the 9.0.3, a message comes up; " your Mac's firmware is out of date. updates can be found in the CD Extras folder on your Mac OS CD".
maybe I'm stupid but I can't seem to find it on the OS CD in Extras Folder at all.
Please somebody give me advice.

BTW. I went to Best Denki today to look at the new iBook 13.1 inc, it's a beauty but expensive, Jap Yen 114.800. But the salesman showed me that it is BILINGUAL. maybe this will be my first laptop afterall.

But first I would like to find uot more about Apple.

Thanks.

copy and paste, hope this is OK now

Thanks oldman,
Your link dosn't work but found it via google.
The problem is i can't conect it to the internet because i erased the japanese os.

Hi; you have gotten yourself into a tricky situation,You have to have a operating system installed to do the firmware update.Your best bet would be to find a copy of 8.5-8.6 on Ebay,full retail version would be the best and sometimes you can even find a japanese version if look long enough.If your keyboard is in english you won't have any problem at all.Wish it could be easier for you but you have to have a os installed.

Reactions: KCM
understand, Oldman.
Will the Japanese OS reinstall with help of a Japanese friend and then download the firmware.
Has to work I understand.
Thanks again.

Back