install snow leopard on win 7 pc??

xiaogao

Registered
hi all, i'm newbie here, and i would like to ask that if i got a snow leopard installation disc and core2duo laptop, and i want to install the snow leopard in it, then what should i do? coz i put in the disc then it just will run till the gray apple page come out (without and text on the page) then auto restart, so is there anything i need to done be4 i install it? ( my harddisk is NTFS format and preinstall with windows 7), thanks for your help and sorry for asking this kind of silly q here)

Hi xiaogao,

Welcome to Macosx.com.
Legally you cannot install Mac OS X on a non-Apple branded computer. That is by its EULA. So the only legal way you can get it installed is if you are installing it on a Mac.
There are some discussions out there in the wild wild web about how some have tried (or have installed) it on a PC, but we don't allow the talk of those details over here - it's all kept legal here.

Hi xiaogao,

Welcome to Macosx.com.
Legally you cannot install Mac OS X on a non-Apple branded computer. That is by its EULA. So the only legal way you can get it installed is if you are installing it on a Mac.
There are some discussions out there in the wild wild web about how some have tried (or have installed) it on a PC, but we don't allow the talk of those details over here - it's all kept legal here.

Also, since Apple is a vertical supplier, distributing BOTH the hardware and the software, they only bother making drivers for hardware that they ship in their systems. So, even if you decide you're going to disregard the legal concerns, you'd still need a system that had hardware that is similar to any given Mac model.

Most people tend to find that the idea sounds good in theory, but is ultimately way more trouble than its worth, even if you remove legal concerns from the equation.

thanks for ur comment, i think i will buy the macbook for it. there's another question, coz my wife is using pc with photoshop cs4, and if i not mistaken that mac version photoshop just got cs5, so would it be any corrupt or file cant be open if she using cs5 in macbook? thanks ya.

Back