installing windows xp sp2

lixi

Registered
I just bought my macbook (80gb) and wanted to partition 10gb to windows. i installed windows xp - an old version apparently - and then needed to install an updated windows installer and service pack 2. the windows installer had no problem but i couldn't finish installing the service pack 2 because an error keeps popping up saying there's not enough space in my C:\ drive and needs 4mb more spore. But when i check my harddrive space it says there's still 7.6gb free and the sp2 doesn't take up that much space does it? I can't install bootcamp unless i have sp2 installed, so i'm at a catch 22. Please help!

Go to one of the sites that has good instructions for creating a slipstream installer with SP2. Google for that 'slipstream XP with SP2'. Several good sites will pop up.

thanks everyone. Once i slipstream sp2, can i just put the cd into the current windows os and it will automatically install windows xp again with the sp2? or do i need to reboot my mac from the beginning so i can run it from the mac os side? thanks!

You will have to do it through Windows first.

Note: I have not tried installing a slip streamed Windows install on a Mac.

Back