integrate MacosX in win network

majix

Registered
got a strange problem:

I want to integrate the Mac in a windows peer-to-peer network with fix IP's;

When I want to connect to the shared recource (Win2000 server) in the network, it says:
An error has occured (error = -36)

===========
The problem is:
The settings about IP adress, User profiles and so on are correctly configured, but when I want to activate the 'Windows File Sharing' in the menu 'Shared', just a moment afterwards my checkmark disapears and the 'Windows File Sharing' is again deactivated :).

What should I do?
[excuse my bad english pls]

after contacting a few buddies without getting an answer on this strange prob, i've decided to use a 3rd-party software [dave] to ensure sharing between win/mac.

anyway, thx for paying attention ;)

So I have the same error. I want to get my mac laptop on our network here at work. I have the passwords and what not, but I get the same error... -36. Is there anyway to do it without the software because I am a poor college student who is not looking to spend the money.

Matthew

ok... i'm working with a bunch of PC users in my office... infact.. i'm the only one using Mac in my office...

i have no problem connecting to the Win-network...

== To go online using LAN connection ==
1. configure your network to use TCP/IP

2. select configure [ Manually ]

3. enter your IP Address
... example: 192.168.0.5

4. enter DNS Servers IP
... example: 192.168.0.10

5. enter Router IP
... example: 192.168.0.15

== to connect to others PC ==
1. make sure that the PC has enable folder sharing in their computer... let say ' SharedFolder '

2. From your Mac Finder, go to ' Connect to Server ' by pressing Cmd + K

3. enter the PC IP you want to browse... example: smb://192.168.0.100

4. enter username + password and then you will see list of shared folders in that PC.

hope this will help...

Back