Internal Onboard SATA 6 Gb/s Ports Bridge & Controller Model in Mac Pro (2023)

What is the cache problem, BTW?

CACHe is process where Mac OS (and all OS to keep everything used every day settings, and application settings and system files and when you sleep at night you prevent the auto maintenance of logs don't run! The free program Onyx can clear all those routines all at once! INHO something like Onyx should only be used about every two months! Also you could hold down the 'option key' and client on finder in Dock and choose Relaunch to reset the Finder!

CACHe is process where Mac OS (and all OS to keep everything used every day settings, and application settings and system files and when you sleep at night you prevent the auto maintenance of logs don't run! The free program Onyx can clear all those routines all at once! INHO something like Onyx should only be used about every two months! Also you could hold down the 'option key' and client on finder in Dock and choose Relaunch to reset the Finder!
I know what a Cache is, but what does that have to do with identifying which ASMedia SATA 6 GB/s controller is used for the internal SATA ports in the Mac Pro (2023)? (Which is what this thread is about.)

I know what a Cache is, but what does that have to do with identifying which ASMedia SATA 6 GB/s controller is used for the internal SATA ports in the Mac Pro (2023)? (Which is what this thread is about.
What I found the company only have Win Dows only drivers and I don't see any Mac drivers on the companies page!

What I found the company only have Win Dows only drivers and I don't see any Mac drivers on the companies page!
That‘s because no drivers are offered or required for macOS: it is using the generic AHCI SATA driver built in to macOS.

I confirmed this with them.

Then reset your Finder like I said in last post near the end and then check if you see two controllers in settings!

Then reset your Finder like I said in last post near the end and then check if you see two controllers in settings!
The System Information does see the controller and identified it properly as an ASMedia SATA 6 Gb/s controller: that is not the issue.

The issue is it does not identify which specific model it is and I don‘t know that clearing any caches would change that (or would it really and why and how would it?).

BTW, this is not my Mac Pro (2023), I do not own one yet and this was a pre-sales inquiry as I do my research before I ever consider getting one and the screenshot was from an Apple demo unit on display provided by Apple.

Last edited:
That because it is using a chip inside that catch alll for controllers that also can do your card, so in other words a chip that do many things is very general in support!

Back