Internet dies when I play Wow.. mainly in BG's

DocRose

Registered
Okay so i'm hardwired in to the net right now, normally I play wireless..

oh wait.. its a Macbook, intel.. OSX Tiger..

The net is fine unless i play WoW.. and it will be fine for a little bit while i'm playing.. then just die.. it says it's still connected, but nothing...

the only way to get the net back is to reboot...

what do I do?... i have my airport disabled so its not that...

rebooting always fixes it.. but theres gotta be a way without that

Not really. except it's never done this except with this line.... and if i'm not playing WoW the net is fine and doesnt crash.. lost my CD's so dont really want to reinstall it, would have to buy it again.. is there some way to trick the built-in adapter to think i've rebooted? maybe some Linux esq console command?

What ISP you are using and what location you living in?

I remember there a issue with between ISP and WoW. but i have to check to make sure if it not that issue im thinking of

I'm in vegas and i'm not sure who the ISP is.. i think it's COX digital cable .. i think, but i'd have to ask my roommate.. I dont think it is that though, because it kicks me off the net completely even when i close WoW.. and cant get back on unless i reboot.. doesnt sound like an issue with the WoW servers, but more like theres some program or file or something blocking the net... but i cant find anything. no messages in the logs... little snitch is turned off...
this is upsetting.. and it happens randomly too.. it's just whenever it feels like locking up.. i could be standing there.. or in a BG, or chatting... but always when i'm in WoW and not when i'm out of it...

No the delay is fine.. it just randomly stops... the network status window says i'm connected still... Its random that just stops my signal... How do i reset the ethernet without rebooting? rebooting always fixes the problem but damnit its annoying

Back