Interview the person beneath you

Personally, I would have to say Firefox...but others (because of how the question was phrased) might think otherwise.. ;)

How long have you been a Mac user?

Through all are my favorite, I would have to say I listen to electronic the most.

What country do you reside in?

A: I'm medically retired, but do the odd website for friends and family occasionally.

Q: What sort of pet(s) do you have?

A: rarely cuz i am broke
Q: if x86 systems ran OSX perfectly (every app and everything) would you buy osx/a PC with OS X on it?

No. I would save up and get a Mac. That's why I run Linux on my PC. :)

Are you married?

A: I've always had a soft spot for any Lotus or TVR and have always like the Nissan Skyline, but for "real life" I like Honda.

Q: What the craziest thing you've ever done?

A: Rode my Honda PC 800 a hundred twenty five miles north during a wind and ice storm.

Q: How come you spend so much time hanging round this forum?

A: It's a great way to collecting experiences on 'thinking different'. I switched in 2002 and after almost 3 years of posting and reading in this forum, I think I gained a lot of knowledge how to troubleshoot and avoid probs.
Q: What was your first mac?

I've played with the terminal somewhat and used what I learned from Linux and tried transfering that over when I had a G4 at my previous job. Not much different with what I've done in Linux, if you ask me, although there are some differences. I may download FreeBSD to familiarize myself more with BSD. I've used Slackware which is the BSD-ish Linux and I did install FreeBSD 4.x sometime ago, and was impressed with the installer, but never really got around to playing with it much as it wasn't on my machine (I was installing for a coworker who wanted it). I may try downloading FreeBSD 5.x over the Christmas vacation. I have played with NetBSD on my Quadra 650 and it was kind of cool, but I just didn't have the time to put into it (hard to do with a family).

What is your favorite IM/chat app?

iChat, any day. Fast to log in, simple to use, never disconnects like MSN does. Looks amazing too.

What's your opinion on the people who just generally hate macs...but have never used one?

Back