iphoto 09 import problems

coolforcats

Registered
Hi there I have super macbook pro with 256ssd and snow leopard and have been migrating all info from my old macbook pro (Leopard). I have areal problem importing 5000 photos from iphoto 08.

I have tried:
1.creating new library and importing photos from old iphoto
-this only brings over half the photos the rest get an error message saying in they are in an unrecognised format (they are jpegs) and all other photos have wierd dates on them

2.I have tried dropping in iphoto 08's parts into iphoto 09 folder and get the dreaded black exclamation mark even after a full rebuild of 09

Any ideas gratefully received...James

Are you trying to drag and drop things across machines or are you using migration assistant to bring things across?

HI there no not using migration assitant. I have tried copying old 08 DB across and dropping it into new 09 folder then rebuilding iphoto. I have also tried importing 08 using the "import to library button". rgds James

You should be copying the entire iPhoto library, not just peices and parts. Or even the entire "Pictures" folder. Is that what you are doing, or something else?

thanks for that...just so I am sure you want me to copy over whole 08 library and drop into 09 folder then restart?

When I moved mine, I exported all the photos from within iPhoto using the menu item, to a folder on the desktop.

Copied the folder to the new computer and then imported them to iPhoto on the second machine. If you are networked you could just import from the first folder.

There's also an application out there that allows you to merge libraries. "iPhoto Library Merge", but it only works with 09.

Back