iPhoto Book Printing/Ordering

Vard

Looking for progress
Hey everyone, just a quick question

I started using iPhoto finally after recently picking up a small point & shoot digicam. I noticed the other day the book ordering feature. As a father of a 16 month old girl with another due in a week, I think this would be a huge hit with my family scattered all over the country. So, has anyone used this feature? What do the books cost? What's the quality like?

That's basically it. Just wanted to get some feedback on that before I give it a shot.

Thanks for the help,
Eddie

I don't remember what it costs, but the quality is great. If you have a go(o)d digicam, you can't even tell the difference between the digi prints, and a normal film camera print.

I have used the service on a few occasions and have always been highly satisfied with the results. The resulting books are hard bound with a fabric cover and you chosen cover photo on the front cover. The cost is a function of the number of photos, and the number of pages. As I recall the last book I ordered had around ten pages with four images per page and cost just under $40. I have slept since then so those numbers could easily be wrong.

In general the quality was excellent.

If there is an Apple company store near you, they often have sample books for you to look at.

OK...one other thought I had...

Do I need a .Mac account to use the iPhoto Book feature? I don't have one and am sure getting it authorized through the boss would be out, even for my really good idea for the books. Also, do I need iPhoto 4 to use this feature? I have iPhoto 3 I believe and don't plan on getting an iLife package upgrade until I purchase OS X.4 later this year.

Thanks for the help everyone,
Eddie

Vard said:
Do I need a .Mac account to use the iPhoto Book feature?
Also, do I need iPhoto 4 to use this feature?
No fair, you said one question. So I will give you one answer to both questions - NO. :D

Damn, I was hoping no one would notice that...stupid me for selling everyone short. Sorry about that. Thanks for the reply though.

That's great. I think I will spend some time this weekend getting some images together and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for everyon's help.

Later,
Eddie

Back