iPhoto - How import only new photos?

mrrrl

Registered
Hi all, I searched and could not find an answer and have been struggling with this for awhile now and can't figure it out. I imported all my photos from my camera, leaving the photos on the camera. I take new pictures. I just want to transfer the new photos to iPhoto, but it transfers all of them again. Any way to tell it or select just the new photos?

TIA

The short answer is no... but what you could do is:

Disable iPhoto preference so it doesn't autostart when you hook up your camera.
Make a automator task that runs when the camera does attach so that it makes a copy of the pictures from the camera to a folder on your HD that you designate.
Then starts iPhoto for you to import from the camera. Let iPhoto erase your camera to get it ready for the next round.

automator runs, copies stuff to the folder, just the new stuff from the cam as the old has been deleted. your folder content increases... but you really don't loose anything.

10.3.9 contained an additional program called "Image Capture". It enabled you to view the pictures in your camera, and also to import some, all, or none of the photographs. Was this discontinued for Tiger?

When I do as the original poster does -- import with older photos on my camera, I get a pop-up message that tells me I have duplicates on the card and do I want to import the duplicates. I even have the option of "apply to all". Using iPhoto 6 (I guess that is the latest). Seems like that was a feature in the previous version also? Don't know why the original poster is not getting that option.

I agree with skybolt. The option to choose has been there for at least the last two versions.

Back