iPhoto pictures folder

gabrielleitao

Issac Newton loves Apple
Have you ever noticed that when you go to /Users/*/Pictures/iPhotoLibrary (* is the computer username), there is a folder of the year, ok... 2006. Then, you open this folder... what what do you find? Roll 19, Roll 3, Roll 9, Roll 27, Roll 81, Roll 243... and so long. This is so annoying because when I want to see my pictures on my Hard Drive, to select them to send an e-mail message, or most of the time, when I am on my PC, accessing my Mac though s wireless nework, I want to check the pictures of my iPhoto Library, but I can't even find the pictures... because they are not organized on folders, containing each folder the name of hte day that the pictures have been shot.

Do you know what I mean. Correct me if Im wring, but this stinks. When I got my Mac, I thought it was going to me cool like this, you know... I add the pictures from my Digital Camera to my Mac (without having to install drivers, unlike Windows... yahooo! Aleluia!), and then when I add the pictures the pictures could be in a folder called "Pictures", where it was organized by "Date", nor "Rolls"

Do you think it is possible to make like the way I did? Maning folders with only the date? Is it possible? Can the iPhoto do that? And if it is not, what software do you recommend me to use.

Thanks for reading and please ask me questions on this thread if you don't get what I meant to say on this topic.

Gab

So why don't you just use iPhoto to look at your iPhoto library? If you would rather make up your own sort of filing system, and just dump your photos into that, then go for it.

Why do you need to go into the iPhoto library folder anyway? You can do everything through iPhoto itself, including selecting bunches of photos and opening them in other programs like PhotoShop.

iPhoto uses it's own structure which you can't change. The best way is to use iPhoto and drag the photos directly into the Mail program from that or drag them to a folder on the desktop.

Additionally, if you want to email photos from iPhoto, open iPhoto, select one or more images and then select "Email" option from the "Share" menu.

yes, I understand, but MY problem is that when I want to acces the pictures from my PC, I see folders Roll 12... Roll 53... and so long and then I cant identifie where are all of my pictures... organized by date... do you know what I mean?

You can export your entire library and have the photos named after their album/title/filename, then use the exports to access from your PC. That's about as good as it gets.

You can export your entire library and have the photos named after their album/title/filename, then use the exports to access from your PC. That's about as good as it gets.

I also share this pain. I need to send my photos to people who are not using mac. So far I did exacly what you suggested, Now I have thousands of photos in one folder. Now what do I do? I want to include album name to the title of each photo. At least people could see where those photos were taken. Batch renamer does not do that. Are there third party plugins or scripts to iPhoto that can help in that?
iPhoto 6 allows export of an individual album to a folder with the album's name.
I just don't understand why it does not allow to do the same for multiple albums. I tried to do it in Automator, but couldn't find an option to pass the name of the album to the folder.

I also share this pain. I need to send my photos to people who are not using mac. So far I did exacly what you suggested, Now I have thousands of photos in one folder. Now what do I do? I want to include album name to the title of each photo. At least people could see where those photos were taken. Batch renamer does not do that. Are there third party plugins or scripts to iPhoto that can help in that?
iPhoto 6 allows export of an individual album to a folder with the album's name.
I just don't understand why it does not allow to do the same for multiple albums. I tried to do it in Automator, but couldn't find an option to pass the name of the album to the folder.

that is what Ive been trying to do too, but I cant find an answer... good luck, sorry if I wasnt more helpful.

For each album, I changed image titles to the album names using batch changer and title to text option. I have folders named by the year of the event and several albums named by the events during that year. So, i renamed the titles for each photo as Year_Event_count
Then I exported the pictures from the entire folder of albums to a new folder, selecting using folder(year) name as the name of my new folder. It looks good, each folder corresponds to the year, each photo name contains the year and the name of the event. Picasa can filter these easily on PC.

What I would like to do next is to create a script, that copies files containing the same year_event information in their names to a new folder. And the name of that new folder should be the year_event info from file names. It's got to be easy to do. The problem is I can't program! Can anyone help? So far automation is not working for me...

I did that do, but what I did, was to create a packup for my pictures. So, I created a folder called "My Pictures", then now I copy my photos to a folder called the day or the event and I drag and drop the iPhoto picture to there. The problem is to find the correct date that the photo has been shot. :( Its fustrating, on my PC it was even more easier than the Mac.

The Way iPhoto Architechture Works Stinks, Sorry To Day That! But It Is True.

Back