iphoto won't open a picture

julz

Registered
I bought a used mac, a 1.25 ghz Power PC G4. It has 1 GB Ram, and OSX 10.5.7 installed on it, and ilife 09. Does anybody know if there are any compatibility issues? I'm having problems with iphoto. I posted about this before, and since then we have done a clean install of everything, and we are still having the same problems. Iphoto won't open a photo. All I can look at is thumbnails. If I try to edit I get a black screen. If I try a slideshow, it crashes iphoto. Thanks,
Julz

I opened Disk Utility, under the First aid tab, and went to Verify Disk Permissions. There are lots of things that say "Permissions Differ." Down at the bottom of the list are about 15 of them for iphoto. The last one, for example, says "Permissions Differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/FlipTransition.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r--..."

I ran Repair Disk Permissions, and it did nothing. Still have the same differing permissions. I don't know enough about this, but am learning! Any ideas?
Thanks.
Julz

What method did you use to put your pictures into iPhoto? Did you just drag them to the library folder, did you use the "import" function, did you download them from your camera into iPhoto? Or??? That could very well have some bearing on your problem.

But HOW did you get them from the thumb drive? Did you just drag into the iPhoto file in finder, did you open iPhoto and tell it to import them or what did you do?

Oh, sorry. I don't remember. I think maybe I dragged and dropped, but I'm not sure.

I am right now importing some photos from my camera via a usb card reader. iPhoto automatically opened, I selected a few, clicked on "import Selected", and I will let you know in a few minutes if things work any better.

Ok, finished with the new import, and no change. Still won't open a photo. Haven't tried slideshow, as it will just crash the program.
Julz

Back