iPod freezed

maccatalan

Registered
hello.

a friend of mine has a problem with his iPod and I wondered -- before having Apple to change it -- if one of you had a solution for him.

From time to time the Menu button of his click wheel iPod will not work. He has to wait for the battery to be empty to have eit work again.

Any suggestion ?
Thank you,
Pierre

I've been having the same problem with my clickwheel iPod as well. It seems to happen after I disconnect the iPod from the cradle that I use to hook it to my stereo.

I can get the menu button working again by connecting the iPod to my Mac and then disconnecting it.

This is how it happens:

1) Connect to Stereo using cradle and play through stereo. (NOTE: I'm also charging through this cradle, but not connected to Mac.)
2) Remove iPod from cradle -- menu button doesn't work, everything else does! i.e skipping songs, adjusting volume, turning off, turning on. (This has nothing to do with hold button!)
3) Connect to Mac
4) Disconnect from mac (properly -- Not while iPod says don't disconnect!)
5) Everything is then hunky dorey!

Can anyone else replicate this problem?

"From time to time the Menu button of his click wheel iPod will not work. He has to wait for the battery to be empty to have eit work again."

Unfortuantly it is a faulty iPod and the only way to sort it is to get it replaced.... :(

I had this problem when I got my mini, it gradually got worse and the menu button wouldn't work at all..... Touch wood, there has been no issues on my replacement so far. ;)

Back