iPod has CONTACTS feature and EQUALIZER!

BlingBling 3k12

Somewhere... dunno though
New Contacts feature
The new iPod has a Contacts feature that lets you view names and addresses downloaded from applications like Microsoft Entourage, Palm Desktop and Mac OS X Address Book* for easy access to your personal information, wherever you happen to be.

More than 20 Equalizer presets
You can adjust the equalization to match your favorite music with more than 20 equalizer presets that come standard with the new iPod. Equalizer presets enable you to adjust the dynamic range of your iPod to match the style of the music you’re listening to. And the iPod also supports equalizer presets that have been assigned in iTunes, so you can fine-tune your listening experience on a song-to-song basis.

Excellent move on the EQ addition. Too bad about the price, though. Who the hell would pay $500 for an MP3 player? One can buy an entire COMPUTER for only a bit more than the most expensive iPod. Apple should take notice of that.

Aqualung: Since you obviously hate the pricing on all of Apple's products, why don't you just go buy a PC, or a crappy, hard-to-use MP3 player?

I can hear you in October when the first iPod was released... "Who's gonna buy an iPod for $400?!?". 150000 PEOPLE, that's who. I'm sure the new iPod with a 10 gig hard drive is going to still be popular.

Sheesh. Why don't you go and run a niche computer company? Only THEN can you go around bashing Apple's prices if you can do better than Apple is now.

Until iPOD has 256 colours and can play small time emulators like snes 9x I wont give a **** about it.

Games is what will sell it to be and alot of pc gamers, trust me I know as I have 5 friends who said they agreed.
Great thing about pc world is how there are so many appz for soo many things.

Mame for digital cameras, Dreamcast and soon a mame for GBA.

I wish apple would encourage ppl to make stuff that can be ported to ipod and its small ARM cpu. Even if its just newton apps for those old newton owners..

Who knows but i wish there were something more than block out on ipod.

Although the iPod is already selling well, I agree with you there, The Outsider. I think Apple should open up development so that other people can add functions to your iPod. I would kill to have something like Space Invaders on my iPod! :)

OutsiDer ;)

simX imaginge apple released some sort of easy to use app that allowed us to create whatever on it..
I remember seeing this pc site where there were all these 2d games ppl made and put em up for download.
These games looked excellent, some looked like 80's rippoffs but some looked as good as radiant silver gun on saturn!

Now imagine we were able to create whatever and it even came with a SID player mixer so we could create our own SID music!

Apple needs to create an app thats fun for the home "hobbiest" and actually encourage ppl to use it..

QT skins, where did that go?

They should put an Apple II emulator on it. Just for fun.
The you can play all your old favorites like:

David's Midnight Magic
Snake Bite
Dung Beetles
Karateka
Sneakers
etc...

Originally posted by ThE OutsiDer
OutsiDer ;)

Sorry, I don't honor weird capitalizations, The Outsider. :p

simX imaginge apple released some sort of easy to use app that allowed us to create whatever on it..
I remember seeing this pc site where there were all these 2d games ppl made and put em up for download.
These games looked excellent, some looked like 80's rippoffs but some looked as good as radiant silver gun on saturn!

I agree it would be really cool to have an easy-to-use app to make iPod apps. Maybe I could migrate from being an AS Studio developer to being an iPod developer.... ;)

Support for more iPod software/games will probably come in the future, maybe MWNY. I'm sure suggesting it as feedback to Apple wouldn't hurt. They have such a great little device that has more potential. Instead of hiding that game away open it up and make it so you can sync more games from your Mac! I'm sure VersionTracker would make an iPod download section. That'd be really neat.

Of course, a lot of useful apps would require a better input device, so maybe an apple pro keyboard and mouse for Firewire? Or better yet, an iPod firewire Bluetooth adapter for the rumored wireless pro keyboard :p

Originally posted by TommyWillB
That's funny SIMx.

Yeah, isn't it TommyWillB

At least mine doesn't have more than 1 capital letter in it. Feel free to call me "Simx" or "simx" though. I don't mind (unlike a certain unnamed user with wEiRd CaPiTaLiZaTiOnS). :p

Originally posted by ThE OutsiDer
Until iPOD has 256 colours and can play small time emulators like snes 9x I wont give a **** about it.

Erm... it's an MP3 player!!! It's for playing music on, you see, and it's bloody good at it. Mind you, I sort of share your frustration - I can't play DVDs with my fridge...

Originally posted by tismey

Erm... it's an MP3 player!!! It's for playing music on, you see, and it's bloody good at it. Mind you, I sort of share your frustration - I can't play DVDs with my fridge...
Yeah! And the iPod does not have chilled storage for beer!

What's up with that?!?

Back