iPod Touch and Calendar

maccatalan

Registered
Hello,

I was wondering if you knew if Apple has added back into the iPod touch the Calendar editing feature. If the iPod Touch was capable to edit its calendar like the iPhone does then my friend would buy it. Apple commented that the feature was removed because of a "bug" (suuuure) but that it would be corrected. Since there has been a couple of updates now for the iPod Touch software I wondered if those included the edit Calendar feature.

Thank you for sharing info on that (since I cannot find it on Apple's website),
Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

I can't speak from personal experience (I don't own an iPod Touch at this stage!), but my understanding is that the latest firmware allows you to add calendar events. There is an article on MacRumors.com which mentions it, and there are various threads on Apple's Discussion pages, such as this one, which seem to verify this.

I can confirm that v1.1.2 adds editing/adding calendar items on an iPod touch. On various online services (let's stay vague, but googling helps), you can even find ways to jailbreak a v1.1.1 iPod touch, prepare it for jb-ing v1.1.2, updating to v1.1.2 and then jb-ing v1.1.2. This, for example, makes installing some iPhone apps like Mail, Maps, Notes etc. possible. Having used such an "upgraded" iPod touch, I have to admit I'm quite blown away. This _is_ the Newton's 2nd Coming after all. (Or at least it can and will be once Apple unveils their own SDK for the iPhone/iPod touch platform.)

Back