!!!!!!!Ipod Video warning!!!!!!!!

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
If you are putting aux lead in the top and connecting to a tv the setting tvout goes on

:mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!Remember to turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: It will break the headphones!!!:mad: :mad:

I do not see how leaving the "TV-out" setting on would harm any headphones -- the video pickup area on the headphone plug is different from the audio pickup area, and if headphones are used that do not have a video pickup area, the video signal will simply be ignored and will not cause damage to the headphones. Apple knowledge base doesn't have any information stating that you should not leave TV-out on when not using the iPod video for video playback on a TV.

I do not have a video iPod to test this with, though, so I could be completely wrong -- but it seems silly that leaving the TV-Out setting on would damage headphones. It certainly doesn't happen on the iPod photo models for video-out.

I could test it with a pair of headphones that I don't use anymore... but... Like ElDiabloConCaca said, the video output doesn't have any connection when normal headphones are connected.. so it is ignored.

I could test too.

But why leave it on? I always put it on "Ask" or "Off", depending if I am in a scenario where I may use it or not.

a friend told me this so i do not know maybe somebody could test it?

but it does run the battery down

Okay. So this is just your normal average christmas ipod buying frenzy paranoia then. We get this every year. Last year or the year before it was people who thought their 4G iPods had colour screens, because they "seemed slightly blue somehow"... :)

Back