ipod video

wsj323

Registered
i just got a 30g ipod video and i was wondering if there was a way to put dvd's on to the ipod. (not the ones you get off itunes but the actual dvd movies)

Or handbrake. For if you want to have only one step instead of two. Simple is super.

I've used it to archive my 200+ DVD collection and so far, it has worked on 99.9% of my collection. I haven't used it for a 5G iPod so far, because I ain't got one, but the process is the same, you just have to make sure you're saving to MPEG-4 codec and don't exceed a max. pixel count of 230400 (640*360 or 512*450 depending on the original's ratio) and you should be fine. Their forum certainly has enough information on how to create iPod compatible videos with handbrake. It's a good tool, it's free and "does it all in one step".

Ya HandBreak worked the best. but once it was all done ripping the dvd I found out that i have to in itunes click on it then hit the advance tap then click convert section to ipod. Is there a way to make the "section" already ipod compatoble. It was saved under MPEG-4 and did not exceed the pixel count. any other things that could have gone wrong??

wsj323 said:
Ya HandBreak worked the best. but once it was all done ripping the dvd I found out that i have to in itunes click on it then hit the advance tap then click convert section to ipod. Is there a way to make the "section" already ipod compatoble. It was saved under MPEG-4 and did not exceed the pixel count. any other things that could have gone wrong??

What resolution was it in? Sometimes even if it doesn't exceed the pixel count there are some resolutions that aren't supported by the iPod.

wsj323 said:
I cant remember but i know it was under the limit... but what is a resolution that does work??

Look at the second tutorial I posted. It has the most common resolutions the iPod can accept.

Back