• 120 to 129

• 110 to 119

• 100 to 109

• 90-99

• 80-89

• 70-79

• below 70

Results are only viewable after voting.
and I got a ***, which is MUCH less than ***, which I got on another one. I am a "precision processor" however I somewhat doubt the credibility of this test, since the last one I took said I got *** and it said it was always within 5 points of the actual score

[EDITED]

i cannot emphasize enough the problems involved in trying to simply compare the numbers. Different tests use different scoring systems. they are 'normed' on different scales. Plus any test you take online would never be used to evaluate your valid IQ level. NONE OF THEM!! No online test could legitimately claim to be within '5 pts' of a valid IQ test. and if anything, the results so far indicate these scores are potentially spiked - higher than the most commonly used scales.

The only real IQ tests must be administered face to face by a real person. They are much more structured and cover a much wider range of abilities that are than averaged. And results are rarely given using the numbers themselves - more detailed descriptions of the findings along with a general classification like "above average" or "superior" are used instead.

also keep in mind that this test would not be valid for people for whom english is a second language. any IQ test should be administered in one's native language to be at all accurate.

once more - this is just for fun and hopefully some good discussion about the testing process and the meaning of IQ's in general. It was never meant to be a competition. remember, i suggested you not reveal your scores. this is because of the somewhat meaningless value of the number by itself. I think those who have focused on the descriptors are getting more of the real value of the test.:)

I think Ed hit the nail on the head. Online tests cannot measure your IQ accurately. I remember taking one over at http://www.queendom.com before they started charging for tests. My score on that test was 165, which is spiked, as Ed said. I do know what my IQ is from a REAL test where a Psychologist sat across a table and administered it as well as the Wechsler Adult Memory Scale. It's really no biggie. Want to impress your friends, then go take the Mensa test and become a member. Then you might have something to brag about. But if you're that intelligent, you wouldn't brag anyway. Right? I think Madonna and Chistine Applegate (blonde Kelly on "Married with Children") are both members of Mensa.

Thanks Niles!! well said. this idea of "my brain's bigger than your brain" is really pretty silly. Within certain parameters, we're probably dealing with an issue of how much anybody uses their potential rather than an absolute measure of their capabilities. even on 'real' IQ tests. I could write pages on the potential problems involved in IQ testing. I could refer people the several good books that cover it in detail.

and Ricky - I'm not telling. I know what i got and that's all i need. I will say that it confirms my guess as to what i would score on a real test (i would guess i would be 5-10 pts lower on a real WAIS test). but since i have been professionally trained to administer that test, i will never be able to take it now.

again, i wish everybody would keep their scores to themselves. In fact, i'm thinking about going back and using my powers as moderator to edit out everyone's numbers. There are real ethical reasons involved in why i asked for ranges in an anonymous poll rather than 'tell us your score'. It would be nice if everybody would go back and edit the numbers themselves. I realize many of you will not understand this - i had to go to graduate school to learn it. :D

Another precision processor here. :D
Scored a 131 while chemically impared! Woohoo! :p
I took "the real thing" from a psychologist when I was 15, but they never told me the results. Hmmm...

I got 130, and was listed as a "Visionary Philosopher". I think this is true enough for me. In an timed test a few years ago I scored a 160, though, but I genuinely believe that I've changed a lot since then. I've had to learn humility, much as Evildan described, and you can't do that without taking a step backwards. For me it was when I discovered philsophy, and suddenly realised what a complete prat I was back then ...

And well done xoot! :D

Wedge, you just reminded me of something that happened in my year 11 maths class. The teacher told one of the students "You only got four percent on that test" and the student replied "out of what?"
:rolleyes:

i'm a visual mathematician, tell me something i don't know :D
these tests are fun.

edit: in my email the visual mathemetician showed an image of einstein. ppl who got other 'mind-types' what image did you get?

I got inspired inventor. Although i'm not patient enough to ever invent any software. :D

And I obseve that more and more people are popping up with Mario-type icons. :p

It wasn't that easy for me, i'm not good at english..... But i had 124, jippie

"we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. But that's just scratching the surface."

senne.

Back