is it possible to retract unread messages with Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X System & Mac Software' started by Ynought, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Ynought

Ynought Registered

please?

2. iljavanroon

iljavanroon Registered

Not sure, sorry, but my common sense says it probably isn't possible. I remember the feature from when I used Outlook in a corporate environment, and I think it's a server-based one.

I am self-employed now and some time ago I got a 'retract message' request from a client of mine, who works for an organisation. I know they use Outlook that would have made it impossible for me to read his first message, but now in Mail I could still read it.

3. adambyte

adambyte Registered

You mean, you would like to "un-send" the e-mail you just sent? Most likely, no. I am only aware of this feature in AOL, when one AOL member is sending mail to another AOL member.

4. MisterMe

MisterMe Registered

University Professor
    I have a similar experience with my firm's Exchange server. Messages can be retracted, but they remain completely accessible via Entourage 2004 and the Exchange Web Access client. As others have stated before, AOL is the only system I am aware of that allows sent messages to be retrieved unread.

5. bluedevils

bluedevils Registered

with m$, it is a function of the exchange server and not outlook itself. If you are using outlook with a pop server, you cannot recall a sent email.

Though I haven't tried it, I saw an apple.com page saying that the mail app does work with exchange. I would guess it behaves more like entourage and ignore the requested recall.