iTunes 7.0 and 7.0.1 oddity

BimBam

Registered
iTunes 7 oddity

I've installed iTunes 7.0 and then 7.0.1 on my iMac G5 running System 10.4.7 and everything works flawlessly.

iTunes 7.0.1 installed on my PowerBook G3 running System 10.3.9 works OK except for a weird oddity : in the album cover view, all the album covers are filled by the actual screen, which means that whenever I make another selection, each and every album cover is updated so as to reflect the new presentation (see attachment).

Now if I insert a real album cover, it appears normally, but all the others get updated again in the same manner !

Wonder if this is an undocumented feature or a seriuos bug.

I've reinstalled iTunes 7.0 and updated it anew to 7.0.1, and nothing changed.

I then created a new account and opened iTunes in it (all new and fresh preferences) and : same odd presentation !!!

Any idea ?

Thanks

BimBam

Attachments

• Image 1.pdf
    335.8 KB · Views: 16
Well... Since it only happens on that _PowerBook_ - and I haven't heard of anyone else seeing this bug - I wouldn't simply call it a bug. This could stem from something else entirely. Someone with the same hardware/OS could test this?

I've actually (about four times today) had instances where iTunes has decided to play 2 songs at the same time...not impressed.

Back