Itunes and 10.3.9 no worky

BriPod

Registered
I've noticed many other users with 10.3.9 problems, but i can't find an answer to my problem online (been searching for 2 days now).
I recently upgraded to 10.3.9 from 10.3.8. Since doing so, iTunes will not open. Clicking on the application bounces the icon in the dock, sometimes with a spinning beachball. The menu does not pop up, nor does the interface. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling from both a disk and downloaded versions of iTunes (most recent version) i've repaired permissions, i've trashed plist preferances for iTunes...

Any suggestions?

One other note, before any of these problems i attempted to use terminal to turn on the Safari "Debug mode". I eventually got it to work, but it took a few tries and i wonder if perhaps something got messed up in the attempt.

Thanks for any responses,
_Brian_

Maybe the location of some files relating to itunes were moved in the update or by something you did. Try deleting the itunes link from the dock by dragging it onto the desktop, then make another one by dragging the itunes application icon in the itunes folder, onto the dock

Redid the combo updater already, which produced no results. One other thing that's happening is whenever i attempt to empty the trash after uninstalling itunes, it won't let me empty (until permissions are repaired) and says "Operation can not be completed because iTunesHelper is in use".

I wonder if this may be another clue...

Thanks,
_Brian_

Sounds similar to a problem I've got

Installed OSX10.3.9 2 days ago, now Entourage won't startup - get the beachball, get the menu at the top, but no interface. Done all the updates and installs again. latest java updates and Security Updates. Weird thing, Entourage works perfectly if I log in as another user. Some clash inside my user.

Any idea's round?
Tim...

Hi,

My copy of itunes had similar problems to the degree that Force Quitting it locked my mac up completely. it turned out the problem was something to do with my iPod being plugged in - it seemed iTunes was trying to connect to the iPod but not finding it. Despite the Do Not Disconnect warning I pulled my ipod out of the dock and iTunes fired up no problems. Plugging the ipod back into the dock then worked as normal.

if you've got an iPod, maybe that's the problem??

Chris
--
www.chrisblunt.com

I just removed my digi 001 (protools audio interface) after realizing that itunes and quicktime were BOTH being affected by the update. the connection i made was that they both use the 001 as an audio output, and that this must be the culprit. Well itunes works now, quickime works now, but i'll need to reinstall 10.3.8 in order to get my system working correctly again. I have a few questions relating to the archive and install, so i'm just going to start a new thread with those questions.

Thanks for the suggestions,
_Brian_

Shit...the same original post problem is what I'm experiencing...

Oddly, I use an MBox...could this be the issue even over USB?

I guess I gotta try tonight.

Man I hope this works.

BriPod's a God...

Unplugging the USB cable to my MBox 'fixed' the issue. iTunes is working perfectly again. I guess it's more a work around, but since I don't use the MBox in Panther, it's not a big deal for me. I still boot back into Jag for Protools, cause I aint giving DigiDesign $90 just to run it in Panther! No Way.

Thanks Bri...

Back