iTunes check box question....

Inline_guy

Dockboy
Ok. So this is something I have been mad about since the newest version of iTunes. In iTunes 3 when you unchecked a song in a playlist it would not play that song, and if you wanted not put that song on the iPod like the rest of the checked songs. But since iTunes 4 has come out, that is not the case. Now if you unchecked a box it still will not play that song, and not put it in the iPod, but it also unchecked the song from the library; and any other playlist it is in... thus making the feature useless. Why is it broken? And does anyone know of a shareware app that can fix it?

Matthew

If anyone else has read this and has the same problem here is a solution....

Why not use the Comments field? For example, select all the songs rated 3 stars and higher that you don't want synced, and open the Get Info dialog and set the Comments to "no iPod" or something. You can do this all at once on if you select multiple files.

Then, change your smart playlist that gets synced to include the condition Comment does not contain no iPod.

.... The solution comes to me from Toonz at Apple's support threads. Thank you Toonz, my iPod life will be better for this, and when I get the iPod mini it will REALLY come in handy.....

Matthew

Back