iTunes: "Real" audiobooks?

dalo

Registered
Hi folks

For the last year, perhaps a little blit longer, I've been a happy iPod owner. I find audiobooks specially interesting as they are nice to listen to on walks or during exercise.

Now an issue with audiobooks was brought to my attention that I thought anyone of you guys might have the answer to.

During this year, I've been ripping "real" audiobook CD's to AAC files in iTunes. Sure this works great in iTunes, and I even managed to get one file per audio disc. Each file remembers it's playback position, and the whole thing works pretty seamless to me in iTunes. Exept one thing.

I need your help!

To be able to control the playback speed of an audiobook, iTunes, and hence the iPod, will have to know and separate the audiobook from any other music file. This isn't about remembering playback position or skip when playing music on "shuffle". This is about having the audiobook appear in the "Audiobooks" playlist (predefined) in iTunes.

Every audiobook I own WORKS in this way, but during the conversion of the last one I got into trouble. Some of my audiobooks are in .m4a (since I've ripped them myself or .m4b (cause I've bought them), but they both work as they should when it comes to this. But not "Deception point" by Brown, wich is the last one. Changing the filename of the .m4a files to .m4b won't solve this issue (I've tried), other than the fact that they of course are playable. It simple changes the filetype from AAC to Protected AAC. Still no "real" audiobook in iTunes.

I need your help on this, I want to do this with more books.

Anyone has got any ideas?

I am not sure if this will work but I did notice the program Audiobook Builder. I don't know about slowing the speech down in iPods but this program might come in handy for you.

Back