iTunes, songs don't play

Qfxz

Registered
I recently got a 24" intell iMac [2.8GHz,2GB RAM, superdrive, 10.5.5] and transferred all y data from my 17" ppc, G5 iMac. It seemed that some of my applications were still set up and/or running with the Tiger OS preferences. I transferred all my information off the 24" to a back up hard drive then erased everything on the 24", reinstalled Leopard and have been installing my applications individually as needed.
Adobe CS3 had been running on the intell OK before this time; now it quits as soon as I double click to open it, the same as happened with a few other applications, even system preferences quits 'unexpectanttly.' I cannot ever remember system preferences crashing on any other previous version of the OS.
iTunes had been working okay. Now, out of over 5,000 tunes in my library, maybe 1700+ will actually play and even a number of those will start playing for a few seconds or more then skip to another song. there seems to be no discrimination as far as being a newly added tune or one I have had for years; some play, most do not.
I can usually trouble shoot Macs for my friends as well as mine. This has exhausted my knowledge base.
I hope your Thanksgiving as been a good one, Happy Turkey day.

Thaks,

JQ

Back