Itunes... who designed this?

I just am tired of it now (on PC). You can't do anything that a normal program lets you do, you can't drag and drop (which is apple's idea) and you can't just copy and paste songs into the ipod. I'm fed up with this, it is a disgrace toward Apple.

Anyway, my main problems?
How do you get songs to the ipod? I can't just drag it onto the library like you would think. Also, i have another problem. How can i put songs from another person's list onto their ipod without also including my songs i have on my computer? Can you create another library for separate ipods?

Can anyone recomend me a better prog for the PC to do this?

Wow... Anapod is amazing! All you have to do is drag the files or import them right into a window, and it's done! It totally blows itunes out of the water... what were they thinking (or smoking) when they designed itunes?

Too bad it's not free... i have to get the full version to transfer more than 1 song at a time. This program is the best you can get for $30. But are there any other free ones (besides vpod) that work this easy?

None that work as well as Anapod. It's worth the purchase and the developers are always updating it and adding new features to it. Upgrades are free for life.
Especially if you move that iPod around between computers or between OSX and XP a lot, then buy Anapod Explorer.

uh.... You CAN drag-and-drop directly into the iTunes library... at least, you can drag the files themselves, from whatever folders they're in... It sounds like you're trying to drag from within whatever p2p app you're talking about.

You'd never get this kind of second rate, sub standard, featureless design with a Microsoft crossover app.. :rolleyes: *cough msn messenger *cough

Microsoft products do suck, except for their games. Still Apple could have done a much better job making a program that has at least a little functinality. I mean, Anapod, you can just drag the file into Audio Tracks, and it will put it on the ipod. You can remove, rename and organize it all in the window, and everything is drag-and-drop. Whole playlists and song lists can be moved anywhere. It seems Apple didn't really care...

However you do get what you pay for...

mw84 said:
You'd never get this kind of second rate, sub standard, featureless design with a Microsoft crossover app.. :rolleyes: *cough msn messenger *cough

*cough* Internet Explorer *cough* Windows Media Player for Mac *cough*

seems to be contagious...

Let me give you some of the "Infinium Phantom" elixir....it will make you feel better, cure baldness, and have you live 543,534,842,632.....a long time. :p

Oh, and be sure to take it with the Atom Chip Snake Oil! :D

SuperTyphoon: I've no idea what you're talking about exactly. Probably about moving things from a not-to-be-named P2P app's list directly to an iTunes list. That this is not supported in iTunes, m'kay... Everything else works with Drag & Drop as can be expected. Unless the files are not in a format directly supported by iTunes.

Does the PC version of iTunes differ from the Mac version? If it doesen't, Than I have no idea what you are talking about. Drag and Drop is basicly what Apple is known for. Something doesen't seem right. Why don't you tell us exactly what your doing.

You guys ever notice how, every once in a while, there is a post by someone who uses the sloppy pretext of a "problem" they are having with Apple software, when in reality they just want to make a passive-agressive stab at Macs in general.

If you like Windows, use it.

And while I'm at it - let's not beat around the bush: don't pirate music from LimeWire you fool.

Ouch....quite rough...and here I thought I was the one being harsh! ;)

SuperTyphoon isn't trolling (we've been through this before). Yes, he's a Windows user but he's eager to learn more about Apple products. Consider that he's looking at this from a Windows user point of view, and sometimes it's important to get unbiased information from someone who's not a overzealous Mac fanboy, (or "MacMac").

Granted the approach could have been a little better, but he might be justified in this respect if what he wanted to do would have been easier but didn't work because it wasn't thought of by the itunes devs.

ST, why not send feedback to the Apple iTunes devs that way it might be something they can consider for future releases. Not saying that it won't be lost in a sea of other e-mail but it's worth a shot.

Thank The Cheese said:
You guys ever notice how, every once in a while, there is a post by someone who uses the sloppy pretext of a "problem" they are having with Apple software, when in reality they just want to make a passive-agressive stab at Macs in general.
I agree -- it's either that, or they're just trying to use the program in a way that it wasn't intended to be used, and ending up just getting frustrated and blaming the software when in actuality it's them trying to force the program to operate in a way it wasn't intended to.

Not that I'm saying that this is the problem in this case, but with Apple software, once you learn how the programs are intended to be used, they're quite intuitive. Trying to use them in a counter-intuitive way will only lead to frustration.

With that said, like others have said, drag-and-drop works perfectly with iTunes in Windows -- at least on my Windows machines. I can drag MP3/AAC/WAV/AIFF/WMA files into and out of iTunes all day long and it works fine.

Trying to drag from the playlist of a P2P application directly into iTunes won't work -- in fact, I doubt that would work in many other places either. Try dragging the actual music file on your hard drive into iTunes -- I think you'll be surprised to find it works.

I think he wants to drop a song file directly onto the iPod's song list but is forced to drop it into the Library and then sync the iPod with the Library.

SuperTyphoon said:
I just am tired of it now (on PC). You can't do anything that a normal program lets you do, you can't drag and drop (which is apple's idea) and you can't just copy and paste songs into the ipod. I'm fed up with this, it is a disgrace toward Apple.

Anyway, my main problems?
How do you get songs to the ipod? I can't just drag it onto the library like you would think. Also, i have another problem. How can i put songs from another person's list onto their ipod without also including my songs i have on my computer? Can you create another library for separate ipods?

Can anyone recomend me a better prog for the PC to do this?

What the hell i think apple's itunes is amazingly easy to use like the Operating system Apple's Macintosh OSX

Dj macintosh said:
What the hell i think apple's itunes is amazingly easy to use like the Operating system Apple's Macintosh OSX
Just because one person thinks it's great doesn't automatically make it great.

And, conversely, just because it's great doesn't mean everyone will think it's great.

iTunes is not perfect, and for some people, it just doesn't fit the bill. I just think that SuperTyphoon's trying to use it counter-intuitively -- the iPod is not a portable music storage device... it's a portable music device that syncs with your music library on one computer. It was not designed to be synced with multiple computers, nor was it designed to hold songs that are not also present on your computer. Trying to use it in these fashions with iTunes will lead to frustration, since it's not programmed nor designed to be used like that.

3rd party software enables this kind of use, though. If you're trying to use the iPod in a fashion like described above, I can see how one would think that iTunes sucks. However -- if you're trying to use the iPod in the fashion it was designed, I find iTunes to be, hands-down, the best music-to-portable-device-syncing software around.

To each, his own.

That's awfully narrow-minded. There are plenty of reasons for someone not to like iTunes, and I think SuperTyphoon has a valid gripe -- he wants to use his iPod and iTunes in a fashion that is probably complex or impossible in that combination of hardware and software. While I don't use my iPod and iTunes that way and don't agree that it's a good idea to use the iPod that way, I can understand his frustration, and his want of doing it that way is no less valid than anyone else's want to do it another way.

Back