iWeb part of iLife '06?

I am sure the keynote will be interesting as usual. Wish they were broadcasting though. I like watching the one they web casted. Wonder why they don't do that anymore?

Why would I ever purchase iWeb? I have Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.

Yes, I'm asking in a very "Devil's Advocate" manner...

gerbick said:
Why would I ever purchase iWeb? I have Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.

Yes, I'm asking in a very "Devil's Advocate" manner...

I'd probably ask the same thing, though my ending to it would be that I already have BBedit (or emacs, pico, ...). :D

Well, you won't buy iWeb. You'll either want to upgrade iLife to version '06 or not. Depending on your needs, the update will make sense or not.

I don't understand why the keynote isn't going to be webcast using the same Apple tech that the U.S. military uses to broadcast football games and events over the nets. I mean, it's all Apple products doing it anyway, from the machine itself to the software used.
You would think they would like to do that as a friendly "smack" at MS.

A while ago they did just that. Lately, they've changed their modus. I guess they just _never_ want such a webcast to fail if it's supposed to be live. If they're just broadcasting it later, there sure ain't going to be such a run for it, which a) saves costs (a lot of...) and b) increases the quality for those who watch it.

fryke said:
Well, you won't buy iWeb. You'll either want to upgrade iLife to version '06 or not. Depending on your needs, the update will make sense or not.
So it's not a big deal then. And if this is the big announcement for tomorrow, I'm going to forecast "sigh" and "augggh" like a Charlie Brown episode. But for Mac rumor mills instead.

Back