Jobs is magical...

I was watching the coverage on CNET, refreshing the page every 10 mins or so. Every time I did so, the stock ticker on their page had climbed even higher than before.

No kidding... and WOW! What a keynote! Anyone else notice that Jobs seemed a little "under the weather" at times, or is it just me? I mean, he does clear his throat or cough sometimes on stage, but at certain points, he just seemed a little lethargic... like he was getting over the flu or something.

Maybe not. Still, a wonderful keynote. My girlfriend knows that twice a year or so I have to make a spread in front of the computer, get comfortable, and watch the keynote broadcast (or rebroadcast). She always complains that people follow Steve like he's God... ;) He demonstrates something, say, like video on the iPod, and people yell and scream and clap like he just invented sunlight.

This one this year was spectacular... while Jobs isn't anywhere close to being a god, he is still a brilliant marketer -- he knows exactly what the people want, and he knows exactly how to deliver it to them in a beautiful and functional package.

Thank the good heavens Gil Amelio isn't the CEO anymore.

I noticed he was coughing a lot too. That would suck to be sick and at the same time having to make a huge, important speech. But he pulled it off fine.

does anybody get the closing price of 80.86?

Ironically enough The first Intel proccessor made for PCs was an 8086

Ditto on the Gil Amelio remark, EDCC. ;) He did get screwed, but he would have destroyed Apple if it hadn't happened. In my opinion, the only ones that TRULY know Apple are the two Steves that started it all.

As for Jobs' coughing, it could be that his throat was taking a beating from talking so much during the keynote. Was he drinking enough water as in previous keynotes? (Haven't seen the keynote yet :()

nixgeek said:
Ditto on the Gil Amelio remark, EDCC. ;) He did get screwed, but he would have destroyed Apple if it hadn't happened. In my opinion, the only ones that TRULY know Apple are the two Steves that started it all.
Very true, very true... although I'm glad the current Steve is running Apple rather than Woz -- they seem to have taken different paths in terms of what they wanted Apple to become, and I think if Woz was CEO, we'd see a MUCH different Apple computer today. I don't think we'd have ever seen the iPod.

As for Jobs' coughing, it could be that his throat was taking a beating from talking so much during the keynote. Was he drinking enough water as in previous keynotes? (Haven't seen the keynote yet :()
Yeah, he was drinking water a lot... but other than the coughing, at some points, he just seemed like he was running out of energy.

Probably stayed up all night before the event making sure things were "Steve Jobs Keynote Worthy"(tm) and went off without any glitches.
Unlike some well-rested Microsoft executives people saw earlier...

Yeah... I remember reading recently about how the whole keynotes are prepared for and set up, and it's apparently one hell of a production... 10 people for sound and lights, 10 more for props, and countless others involved in pre-production of the event.

No wonder they're so entertaining.

Back