keyboard locked by unknown shortcut

bkk_alien

Registered
this has happened a million times when using the stamp tool in photoshop: i am happily stamping away, when suddenly i hear a noise by the system after which i can not use the keyboard any longer. the noise sounds like a key turning in a lock and most keys get locked indeed (arrow keys are still functioning) in all applications including the finder. sometimes i manage to somehow unlock them again by keep stamping, other times i dont and have to restart (!) the machine to unlock the keyboard. how can i get rid of this annoyance or what is the trick to unlock the keyboard again?

This keyboard being unlocked only happens when you are doing photoshop?or even when photoshop isn't launched?

Try restoring to defaults your keyboard shortcuts in keyboard/mouse preferences pane in system preferences

Hah! It's the sticky keys! When you press down on the shift key several times in a row, it'll activate "Sticky keys". That means you can use keyboard shortcuts by pressing keys in sequence, you don't have to press them all simultaneously.

Check the Accessibility for your keyboard settings in System Preferences,

Back