Keychain access? Remove it?

ryosym

Registered
I changed my previous password using the reset disc. Now the keychain access box keeps popping up everywhere I go, asking for some password. I can't even check my email.
Of course, I reset my Mac login password because I've forgotten it. So I can't type in the keychain pass. I tried deleting the keychains, and I have, all except for "System" and "System roots"- but deleting the other keychains didn't change anything... still can't check my email.

How do I remove this keychain thing once and for all?

Thanks.

I already deleted the login keychain, but I'm still being asked for a password everywhere I go. (that's what the problem is)

This is common when forcing a password reset that unless you know your old password which is essentially the keychain password, that message will keep popping up. So you need to get rid of the old keychain. With newer versions of OSX (specifically 10.6.x) once you force reset your password then OSX will give you the option of creating a new keychain. You're going to need to do it the old fashioned way. Go to users/username/library/keychains folder and delete the login.keychain file. Reboot/rinse...

Back